Saturday, January 12, 2013

Moving to Japan



My apologies to my Portuguese , French and Dutch  speaking friends - I will write my posts in English. But you can translate its content by selecting your language from the scroll box at the right side of the screen.

Meus amigos podem traduzir este blog clicando na  barra de rolagem a direita da tela!!!


After an interval of more than 4 years, I am resuming my blogger activity as requested by  many friends.  When we first moved to Montreal, I sent through a mail list several impressions of my experience of living in Canada, but after a few months I did not find additional material to write about. When  we later moved to Brussels, I started this blog that had a very short life - only 4 posts. I feel this time that I can entertain my friends for a longer period  on  how we are coping with this new life in Japan.

So let's start!  My wife Noemi after working in Brussels for 4 years was offered a temporary position in Danone Japan.The plan is stay here for one year.

We feel very lucky about this opportunity of knowing a completely different culture. Fortunately, the company is taking care of the financial issues,so we are now living in an apart hotel in a nice neighborhood, Akasaka, in Tokyo.

Noemi is very excited about her new position and is enjoying this new challenge in her career. I liked very much our stay in Brussels, and could continue living there despite its nasty weather ( don't worry, this is one of the few subjects that all Belgians agree upon ). Nevertheless, I am already enjoying discovering this new place and hoping to share my experiences with you.

Tokyo is a huge modern metropolis and in a clear day you can see Mount Fuji from a high building. I did not have this chance yet, but I have seen it above the clouds when our plane was landing - unfortunately, I did not get this picture.

Anyway, I am writing again ! You are invited to comment and/or disagree of my positions - in any language.

See you soon,

No comments: